Tuesday 17 July 2012

New Frame - On-One Scandal 29er 2012


My new bike frame. This is the new Scandal frame made by the lovely people at On-One who had this to me on my doorstep within a day of ordering.

I went for the raw finish as you can probably see. The frame is different from  previous incarnations it now has a bent seat tube to allow better wheel clearance and now takes a 31.6mm seat post so is 'dropper' post compatible. It now has a tapered head tube so can use different fork set ups even a 'slackset' style headset so you play with head angles.  The writing (which due to poor picture, sorry) is laser etched onto the frame.

Weight wise its about 3.8lbs in its 16inch form but I'm yet to get that verified.

Really happy with it and can't wait to start getting it together. It's my first 29er so excited what this bike can do.  Got to get some carbon rigid forks next then they are off to get a painted.

6 Comments:

Such a strange shape...oh wait! That's not a road bike frame! Never mind! Tee hee hee. I wish I knew more about mtn bikes and could appreciate more of what you all were talking about! What I can appreciate is a love for the ride. It looks lovely, Jez. Congrats on the new frame. Ride her well!

Thanks C.G its been so long since I got to have a new frame and I thought it high time I got to ride something different.

Think her name wil be Nymeria :)

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 29" wheel issue as I've been toying with the idea of getting a 29" Inbred....

Jez, I kind of like the raw finish. I wonder what it would look like with just a clear coat over it?

It would doubt look ok Paul but I'm wanting something a bit different. My wifes Orange is that colour so don't want the same!

Welcome to the Cool Aid! I think you'll be glad you took the plunge and can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Post a Comment